Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 31, 2011

Its currently about 12:30 and my predictions for today were on and off.  The temperature did stay about the same and we did get increasing clouds with no precipitation yet, however I was wrong in my wind direction.  Right now its 43 degrees but feels more like 40, with an overcast sky, and winds have shifted to the southeast at 6 mph where I thought that they'd stay to the northeast but the winds shifted because of the clockwise pattern that high pressure systems have and a high pressure system justed passed.  Barometric pressure fell a little from yesterday and now sits at 1029.7 and is falling slowly and the dew point is 15 degrees.  When looking at the current surface maps, I notice 2 stationary fronts that appear almost parrallel coming from the west, which seems odd, however the one that's currently in the Dakotas I believe will bring the rain and or snow that I thought would be coming.  So, for tomorrow, I predict again little temperature change with the same cloud cover and winds to shift back to the northeast because of the low pressure part of this stationary front.  I also expect this front to bring some precipitation as well. 
 US: Current Weather

No comments:

Post a Comment