Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8, 2011

Its currently just after 11 am and my predictions for today were pretty off.  I thought we were going to have another really warm day, but so far its not that warm out, I thought we were going to have cloud cover but there is none and I was correct in saying the wind was going to shift counterclockwise, however they shifted farther than I thought.  The current temperature is 46 degrees and there is 0% cloud cover with winds coming in at 6 mph directly from the east.  Barometric pressure did fall a little from yesterday and is now at 1029.9 and still falling.  Relative humidity is 63% and the dew point is 34 degrees so the air is more saturated than it was yesterday and when looking at the water vapor satellite, there is a great deal of water vapor coming this way so I think that we're going to see some thunderstorms tonight and into tomorrow.  There is also a large stationary front approaching with a low pressure system attached to it that looks like it's going to bring some warmer temperatures as well.  For tomorrow, I predict increasing clouds with warmer temperatures and for winds to continue from the east and maybe shift to the northeast with a great chance of us getting rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment