Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011

Its currently about 12:30 pm and my predictions for today were a little off.  I thought we'd get the rain we are still getting now and it is cloudy, but I thought the temperatures were going to warm up and I thought the winds were going to shift a little more.  The current temperature is 41 degrees but it feels like 34 with the sky completely cloud covered and it is misting outside.  I thought that the winds were going to shift farther to the north than what it is, but winds are coming rather from the east at 11 mph.  Relative humidity is 92% and the dew point is 39 degrees so this is a good reason why we are getting some precipitation.  Barometric pressure dropped to 1029.8 and is now falling rapidly because of that big low pressure stationary front.  The jetstream hasn't changed much and is still looking like a zonal pattern.  When looking at the current surface map, the main thing I see is that the long stationary front that is bringing us this rain is dying down so I don't think we're going to be getting much more rain which may also be part of the reason for so many drylines across the country.  For tomorrow, I predict another cool day, but more sun and again windy with no precipiation. 
US: Current Weather

No comments:

Post a Comment